How soon can I get my puppy?
Officially, your puppy must be documented as being 13+ weeks old before you can receive him or her. Your puppy will get rabies vaccination and 30 days must pass before it arrives. However, to get a precise answer, first select the puppy you'd like to buy and fill in the inquiry form. One of our colleagues will get in touch with you shortly and tell exactly when you can receive your puppy.
Is the breed I have in mind suitable for this climate?
Most dogs adapt well to the climate, however, long coated dogs are only recommended if they can spend most of their time inside in an air-conditioned room. If you have doubts, it is best to check with us first.
Is the breed I have in mind permitted in Saudi Arabia?
The following breeds are not permitted in Saudi Arabia: Japanese Akita Inu, Affenpincher, Griffon, Howavart, Boxer, Bulldog, Rottweiler, Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Lancashire Terrier, Swedish Vallhund, Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, Newfoundland, Great Dane, Bull Mastiff. However, Special permissions can be given, please check with us.
Is there a quarantine?
Do I have to apply for an import permit?
Yes. We will send you the copy of the pet passport (with the vaccinations in it) and a copy of the health certificate. Then you can apply for the import permit at the ministry or request the help of Advanced Pet Clinic, Abu-Baker Al-Seddeaque Rd. Exit 6. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Phone: +96612637144, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please get in touch for more details.
What are the required documents to import my dog?
Health certificate and pet passport (with the vaccines included). You will receive these documents 6 working days before scheduled arrival date - it only takes 2-3 days to get the import permit once applied for it.
Will my puppy be delivered to my door?
Euro Puppy transports your puppy to Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport or Riyadh King Khalid International Airport, but your puppy can be delivered to your home for an additional fee. Please contact us for details.
Where do I have to go to pick the puppy up?
If you choose to pick up your puppy at the airport yourself (for home delivery see previous question), you will have to go to the Cargo Area of Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport or Riyadh King Khalid International Airport, depending on which airport you requested your puppy to be shipped to. We advise that you contact the airline your puppy comes with for directions.
Are there any other fees on top of the total purchase price?
The total purchasing price quoted by Euro Puppy includes the price of the puppy, our 10 Year Satisfaction Guarantee, shipping, crate, pet passport, health certificate, microchip and vaccinations - all costs up to arrival the the airport. At the airport you will have to pay SR 75 and SR 45. As a number of stamps are required by Saudi authorities and you will be sent from one office to another to collect them, it is advisable to take someone with you to look after your puppy while you are dealing with paperwork. Please inquire about the current rate of handling fee at the airport prior to your puppy's arrival.
What vaccinations are given to my puppy?
Your puppy will come with rabies, parvo and all other vaccinations (canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus-2 and canine parainfluenza virus) required based on the puppy's current age.
How long is the flight? Is it safe?
Our puppies usually fly to Frankfurt, Germany first. They spend the night at the airport's animal holding facility, which is the best in Europe and where your puppy is fed and looked after a team of qualified carers and veterinarians. Your puppy arrives in Saudi Arabia the following day. The flight takes about 8 hours, which can be exhausting, but rest assured, your puppy is in perfect safety all along the way. In 10 years, we have never had a problem.
How can I pay for the puppy?
We accept bank wire, credit card and paypal payments. Please note you will not find the wiring details on our website for security reasons. They will be sent to you via email once all is finalized for payment. However, you may make a payment for a puppy via paypal or credit card directly from your selected puppy’s page. Just click on "Reserve NOW".
Is shipping included?
No, shipping is quoted on each puppy individually, based on the dog's breed and age (which determines size). On average, the shipping cost varies between $450 and $950.
Future owners of Bulldog, French Bulldog and Pug, please note that due to airline restrictions, the available airlines and times to ship are limited. This may mean, additional shipping costs and less flexible arrival dates. For more information, please check with our Customer Relations Department!
Why is shipping not included?
Since airlines charge by size (cubic meter, depending on the size of the crate), the cost varies greatly and it is impossible to determine a flat shipping fee.
What should I buy for my dog before it arrives?
1. Puppy Toys: Toys, made of "soft" rubber. The harder rubber toys are great once the pups lose their baby teeth, but to start with, the softer rubber toys are best. If you aren't sure, just ask in the store. We suggest that you avoid rawhide, because it creates excess saliva and which isn't great for them.
2. Leash and Collar: We suggest that you purchase an inexpensive one. The collar that you buy now will not last till your puppy grows up, so it's not worth investing in something too expensive. Collar leashes give you the best control when walking your dog, but they are much more comfortable with a harness leash. We suggest that you start walking your puppy on the leash, because putting an adult dog on the leash for the first time may be difficult.
3. Inexpensive weighted stainless steel bowls are the most practical and the most efficient for food and water.
4. You will need nail clippers or grinder.
5. A puppy pen: Even though you may have a fenced yard, you may want to confine the puppy to or out of a particular area. Puppy pens are easily portable and very handy for keeping the puppy confined to a small area. They are especially useful for a winter puppy. You can put his bed in the crate, put the crate in a puppy pen, and put his papers in a corner of the pen. This comes handy with paper-training as well.
6. A good brush: You can use almost any brush, but the best ones will have flexible rubber bristles. You want one small enough to fit your hand comfortably.
7. A crate: You shouldn’t buy a crate right away. You can keep the crate in which your puppy arrives. It will be perfect until he or she grows out of it. You may use it for crate training or travel. It is much easier to house train a puppy if it can sleep in a crate. If you travel with your pup, it is safer and happier riding.
Can you recommend a local pet accessory store?
Not at the moment. If you can recommend one, please let us know. Thank you!
Can you recommend a local veterinarian?
Yes. In Saudi Arabia, we recommend Advanced Pet Clinic, a well equipped clinic, run by a team of experienced veterinarians. Advanced Pet Clinic has been tried and recommended by many of our customers. Contact details: Advanced Pet Clinic, Abu-Baker Al-Seddeaque Rd. Exit 6. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Phone: +96612637144 email: email@example.com.
Do you have references I can contact?
Please click on References to see what our customers are saying about us. A handful of our customer have volunteered to post their email address. Feel free contact them via email, they will be happy to answer your questions. New references posted weekly as we receive them.
If you don't find one, talk to Advanced Pet Clinic, at Abu-Baker Al-Seddeaque Rd. Exit 6. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Phone: +96612637144, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd still like to speak to a local customer, please get in touch with us and we'll ask one of our customer's permission and give you their contact details.
Do you offer a guarantee?
Yes! Our puppies come with a 10 Year Satisfaction Guarantee included in the price. The puppies' health is our number one priority and we stand by our customers whenever they need us.